- HOT TOPICS
- Farmland lost to BC's Site C Dam
- WHY ALL THE FUSS ABOUT THE SITE C DAM?
- Holm: A damning indictment of process. Van Sun OpEd April 15, 2015
- Holm July 3 Presentation Metro Vancouver Board
- Holm V.Sun Op-Ed: Why Site C should be stopped
- DIMINISHED AND DISMISSED - Submission to Joint Review Panel
- Smarties 4 dummies - farm land lost to Site C dam.
- HOLM December 2013 Written Submission to CEAA Panel on Site C
- BC Hydro Site C Dam- Agroeconomic GAP Analysis 2013
- BC Hydro Site C Dam Analysis of DRAFT EIS 2012
- Defending Supply Management
- Young Farmer Apprenticeship Cooperative for Southlands
- Farmland lost to BC's Site C Dam
- 2017 Cuba Farmer Tour
- CUBA CO-OP PROJECT WIITH ANAP
- Cuba Papers: Food, Farm, Co-ops!
- The Cuba Story
- Columns on Cuba
- Cuba Dairy Project
- Blog: Holm on Cuba
TRIAGE: telling the TRUTH about SUPPLY MANAGEMENT
Enter Mulroney, Canada's former Prime Minister, to the fray. Mulroney’s words will draw applause from Canada’s business community, who see supply management as a rock in the road to the Trans Pacific Partnership. But Mulroney’s words are really meant for Conservative politicians, who - according to the political pundits – are simply afraid to vote against it.
If Canadian’s understood supply management, Eugene Whelan would be right up there with Tommy Douglas for having created a brilliant public policy vehicle to sustain the economic health and food security of communities now and into the future. Indeed. if agriculture were under the health ministry, Canada’s government would be standing up and saying we will defend Canada’s supply management system till the cows come home and beyond – get over it and move on.
The Republican win in the US mid-term elections has only strengthened the US dairy lobby call for SM's head. Why? Cause their producers are getting 40-60% of production costs from domestic markets and need to expand to survive. This is not sustainable growth. It is controled by powerful processors and is not in Canada's interest. If - under the guise of trade deals - we allow Ottawa to destroy Canada's supply management programs for milk, poultry and eggs, we relinquish our rights as a nation to sovereign food policy. Read why below, ALSO follow my blog HolmOnFood.
I will post more resources here over the next few months. Anyone who eats 4 a living needs to get this information b4 the public.
- Nov - Senator Kenny climbs on his horse. Ontario Dairy Farmer
- Oct - Senator Kenny climbs on his horse. Western Dairy Farmer
- Oct - Only in Canada you say? Brilliant!. Ontario Dairy Farmer
- Sept 17 - Supply Management doesn't gouge consumers. Times Colonist
- Sept 2 - If we want to eat, we must support our farmers. Opinion. Vancouver Sun
- Sept - Only in Canada you say? Brilliant! Western Dairy Farmer
- July More cows than you can shake a stick at? Western Dairy Farmer
- June Brandishing a limp, 13 page report and calling for blood. Western Dairy Farmer
- Nov - DEPI is standing up for supply management. Western Dairy Farmer
- Sept - China is eyeing Canada's dairy sector. Western Dairy Farmer
- July BACKFIRE Western Dairy Farmer
- Mar - Challenging Martha Western Dairy Farmer
- Sept - Deconstructing Martha. Western Dairy Farmer
- July/Aug - Floating anti-supply management messages.
- May/June - Talking About Supply Management
- Jan - The elephant in the milking parlour. Western Dairy Farmer
PRICE WATERHOUSE REPORTS ON ECONOMIC IMPACT OF BC SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SECTOR
Stop Lying to Canadians. Maurice Doyon. Professor at the Dept of Ag Economics, Laval University