- HOT TOPICS
- Farmland lost to BC's Site C Dam
- WHY ALL THE FUSS ABOUT THE SITE C DAM?
- Holm: A damning indictment of process. Van Sun OpEd April 15, 2015
- Holm July 3 Presentation Metro Vancouver Board
- Holm V.Sun Op-Ed: Why Site C should be stopped
- DIMINISHED AND DISMISSED - Submission to Joint Review Panel
- Smarties 4 dummies - farm land lost to Site C dam.
- HOLM December 2013 Written Submission to CEAA Panel on Site C
- BC Hydro Site C Dam- Agroeconomic GAP Analysis 2013
- BC Hydro Site C Dam Analysis of DRAFT EIS 2012
- Defending Supply Management
- Young Farmer Apprenticeship Cooperative for Southlands
- Farmland lost to BC's Site C Dam
- 2017 Cuba Farmer Tour
- CUBA CO-OP PROJECT WIITH ANAP
- Cuba Papers: Food, Farm, Co-ops!
- The Cuba Story
- Columns on Cuba
- Cuba Dairy Project
- Blog: Holm on Cuba
- SUSTAINABLE PATHS TO A JUST ECONOMY: COOPERATIVES IN THE LAND OF MARTÍ Wendy HOLM. 2014 International Summit of Cooperatives
- Co-operatives in a socialist economy: Cuba’s decentralization of decision-making Sonja Novkovic, SMU
Fostering the Development of the Cuban Social Economy: Responsible Enterprises, Cooperatives and Local Development Final Report to IDRC, Sonja Novkovic, 2013 SMU
Use of the Co-op Index Diagnostic Tool to Strengthen Internalization of Cooperative Principles and Values Within Cuba’s Farmer Cooperatives. (Paper click above, PPT click here) Wendy Holm, Presentation to ICA-CCR international research conference Cooperatives in local and regional development, Pula, Croatia. June 25-‐28, 2014
- Raul Castro's address to the Meeting of the G77 - June 17, 2014
Fostering the Development of the Cuban Social Economy: Responsible Enterprises, Cooperatives and Local Development. Annex A Wendy Holm, April 2013
- Agroecological Revolution - The Farmer-to-Farmer Movement pf the ANAP in Cuba. Braulio Machín Sosa, Adilén María Roque Jaime, Dana Rocío Ávila Lozano, Peter Michael Rosset. 2013
- The Cuban Agriculture’s Paradox: The Persistence of the Agroecological Paradigm and the Emergence of Biotechnology. Miguel A.Altieri and Fernando R. Funes January 2012
- Cuba passes 5 new laws to create non-ag coops. Granma Dec 2012.
- Seven Actions Obana should take on Cuba Now - with a Cooperative "eighth" thrown in for fair measure.
- Cuba legalizes business cooperatives. Reuters. Dec 11, 2012
- Non-agricultural cooperatives - Progress in the updating of Cuba's economic model Granma Dec 22, 2012
- Report on the Cuban Delegation's Participation in IMAGINE 2012 and the Quebec 2012 International Summit of Cooperatives October 6-12, 2012. Wendy Holm
- What would Che say? John Restakis, New Internationalist Magazine. Issue 454.
- Cuba's Coming Co-operative Economy. Marcelo Vieta. Reflections from two recent field trips. Socialist Project • E-Bulletin No. 667 July 18, 2012
- Cuban Cooperatives Advance, Diversify, John Eichholtz and Patti Waters. Cooperative Grocer May/June 2012
- Cuba's New Cooperative Path... Workshop. Cooperating for Change in the International Year of Cooperatives, Association of Cooperative Educators, Montreal June 24-27, 2012
- Convening the Commons: Cooperation and Community in Cuba Cuba's New Cooperative Path. presentation to Seniors Keeping Young, Bowen Island, BC Jan 2012
- THE DECEMBER 2011 HAVANA WORKSHOPS: Reflections of Canadian Co-operators on Cuba’s Economic Transformation and Decentralization University of Havana, Cuba, February 2012
Walking the Walk: Cuba's Path to a More Cooperative and Sustainable Economy Report on the outcomes of an informal Havana dialogue between co‐op thought leaders from Cuba, Canada, the United States and Scotland December 12‐16, 2011. Wendy Holm, P.Ag. MMCCU Graduate Student Saint Mary’s University Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada.
Canada-Cuba Farmer-to-Farmer Project: There are many lessons to be learned here... The Havana Reporter Feb 17, 2012
A GREAT you-tube video on Havana's urban gardens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRz34Dee7XY
FROM CUBA WITH LOVE. Canadian Living Magazine April 2006
CUBA! Chef Christophe Kwiatkowsky, Chef's News April 2007
Why don't we have gardens like this? Jennifer Cockrall-King, Macleans. Sept 3, 2007
Holm, Wendy. Discussion Paper on Sustainable Agriculture and Cuba (Lessons for Canada). Université du Québec à Montréal, April 2004 http://www.theholmteam.ca/HOLM.UQAM.Sustainable.Agriculture.and.Cuba.pdf
Enriquez, Laura. Cuba's New Agricultural Revolution: The Transformation of Food Crop Production in Contemporary Cuba Development Report No. 14, Food First. May 1, 2000 http://www.theholmteam.ca/Enriquez.Cuba's.New.Agricultural.Revolution.pdf
Murphy, Catherine. Cultivating Havana: Urban Agriculture and Food Security in the Years of Crisis. Development Report No. 12, Food First. Feb 18, 1999 http://www.theholmteam.ca/Murphy.Cultivating.Havana.pdf
Rosset, Peter. "The Greening of Cuba," NACLA Report on the Americas, 1994 http://www.theholmteam.ca/Rosset.1994.Greening.of.Cuba.pdf
Alternative Nobel Prize Goes to Cuban Group Promoting the Organic Revolution, October 6, 1999 http://www.foodfirst.org/en/node/187
- Read also about Enhancing Sustainable Dairy Production Capacity in Cuba, the award-winning project of international cooperation between Canadian and Cuban dairy farmers that we will visit during the course: http://www.farmertofarmer.ca/esdpcc.html